Ove Ronny Haraldsen
+47 99 15 59 20
- The occasion today was the opening of our new spacelab building. We have renovated one of the oldest buildings we have. The important thing is that we finally have a building representing everything we do within space and surveillance, says Christian Hauglie-Hanssen, Executive Vice President in Kongsberg Space & Surveillance.
Since 2014 all space activity in KONGSBERG, except Kongsberg Seatex, has been brought together into a single division called Kongsberg Space & Surveillance.
These companies have given KONGSBERG a presence in every part of the value chain chain – from launch, satellites and space probes, to the download and use of satellite data.
- We are the largest space company in the Nordic countries. With a sustained growth we are able to utilize our advantages on the ground service side. At the same time we are drawing on our long tradition within technologies and being a very competitive provider into both the European Space Agency Marked and commercial space, says Christian Hauglie-Hanssen.
Ever since Norway became a full member of the European Space Agency in 1987, Norway has contributed to the European space adventure and benefited from the results.
- The programs that we get through the European Space Agency is extremely important in order to establish technology, products and services that can be used in a commercial market as well.
- How important is the space industry regarding employment in Norway?
- With the decline in oil industry and people needing new jobs within high technology sector space is certainly in that category. We have had sustained growth over the past years and that we are an attractive employer fort both young engineers and people with high skills from the technology industry, says Christian Hauglie-Hanssen in Kongsberg Space & Surveillance.